OrchLab includes two free events each year that are open to any disability organisation to attend.
OrchLab Festival Day
Join us for a celebration of music-making with disabled adults! Residents/clients and staff in disability centres all welcome.
OrchLab Festival Day will take place on Zoom on Wednesday 25 November 2020 at 10.15am–12.15pm.
OrchLab Festival Day will include:
- Music-making as a group
- Specially recorded performances by the London Philharmonic Orchestra
- Premiere screening of film created by St Cecilia’s Leonard Cheshire and Bramley Hill Garwood Foundation OrchLab centres
- Opportunity to meet musicians from the LPO and Drake Music
- An introduction to new accessible instruments specifically designed by Drake Music for OrchLab
- Facilitated discussion about music-making in disability centres
- Opportunities to sing, play, join in and have fun
Come along and enjoy this free, fun and accessible online event!
To attend OrchLab Festival Day, you need access to a device such as a computer, laptop or tablet, with sound and camera enabled. Disability organisations can join in as a group in one room, or as individuals on separate devices in separate spaces. Any disabled participants must be accompanied by a member of centre staff or supporting adult such as a family member. Further detailed information will be provided in advance of the event.
Financial support towards your staff costs for taking part in OrchLab Festival Day is available.
If you have any questions, contact email@example.com or call 07887 501531.
OrchLab Open Web Training
This is a free, hands-on training session in central London for staff who work with disabled adults.
In this session, you can explore OrchLab web resources with specialist OrchLab facilitators. Try out and take away creative ideas and activities to put into practice back in your organisation.
No prior musical or technology expertise is needed, just enthusiasm.
The next OrchLab Open Web Training session will take place in 2021.